Terms and Conditions
All bookings are accepted on the understanding that the pupil has read, understood, and accepted our terms and conditions as clearly visible on our website.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us by email, SMS or phone prior to booking
The following definitions of meaning shall apply to this document as follows:
- ‘YOU’ shall mean the person taking the course, i.e., the pupil.
- ‘WE’ or ‘US’ shall mean Driving School Brisbane.
- ‘THE DRIVING SCHOOL’ shall mean the driving school or driving instructor providing the lessons.
- ‘THE INSTRUCTOR’ shall mean a driving instructor acting on his/her own.
- “TMR” shall mean The Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads.
2. The Course
- The pupil must present a valid QLD Learner Licence to the instructor at the start of the 1st lesson.
- Throughout the driving course, the pupil will be assessed for their driving ability. If it is thought that the pupil would not pass the practical driving test, throughout the driving course, she/he will be informed and offered extra hours to bring the driving up to driving practical test standard, so long the instructor has the space in their diary to accommodate the extra hours.
- All courses are based on average learning capabilities and are a guide only. No guarantees of the 1st-time practical test pass can give or implied.
- The pupil must attend the lessons on time. The instructor has no obligation in such circumstances to add time to the end of lesson.
3. Practical Driving Test
- It is the pupil’s responsibility to ensure that they meet the TMR requirements for eligibility to take the Practical Driving Test.
- No guarantee can be made of test availability.
- It is the pupil’s responsibility to ensure the appropriate documentation is produced when attending practical driving tests. The Driving School will not be held responsible in any way for lost test fees if the required valid documentation cannot be presented to TMR at the time of attending the test.
- If the pupil re-schedules the driving test, it is the pupil’s responsibility to coordinate with the instructor and to ensure the instructor is available for the rescheduled test date.
- If the TMR or pupil reschedule the date and/or time of the test, a copy of the new test date and time must be forwarded to the instructor.
- If the TMR cancels or reschedules a test for whatever reason, then we cannot be held responsible/liable for the test fee and any lesson time lost.
- Whilst every effort is made to get the pupil to the required level to take the practical driving test, If the instructor feels that the pupil is ready to take the practical driving test, even on the day of the exam, because of safety, then the pupil will NOT be allowed to take the practical driving test with our driving school. NO refund for the test or driving course will be offered to the pupil.
- A non-refundable deposit fee is required at the time of booking. This is then deducted from the driving course price. The full balance of the driving course fee is payable on the 1st day of the driving course in cash. Failure to do so will result in the course being terminated and no refunds will be offered.
- If the pupil wants to pay the outstanding balance by Bank Transfer, this must be done at least 3 days before the commencement of the driving course.
- Cooling Off Period: The pupil may cancel the contract with us and receive a refund, within 14 days of the day the deposit payment was made.
- If the course is scheduled to start within the Cooling Off Period, then any costs or charges incurred by us and/or the driving instructor; including but not limited to scheduled lessons, and administration fees, will be deducted from the deposit prior to any refund being made. Once Course has started the cooling-off period no longer applies.
- In order to cancel the course, the pupil must email Driving School Brisbane inform us of their decision to cancel. This can be done by emailing [email protected]
- Once the course has started and the pupil decides to cancel the course for whatever reason, then the full deposit will be forfeited and in addition, any costs or charges incurred by us and/or the driving instructor; including but not limited to lessons taken (charged at a standard hourly rate), scheduled lessons, administration fee; will be deducted from the deposit prior to any refund being made.
- Pupils who cancel at short notice (less than 48 hours) or fails to show for any course lessons or tests, then no refunds will be offered. We will then have the right to terminate the course completely with no refund offered.
- If a pupil books additional hours with the instructor and then cancel at short notice (less than 48 hours) or fails to show, then these lessons will be charged and payable to the driving instructor at the standard hourly rate.
- If the pupil books a course but does not commence the course within 4 months of the day the deposit payment was made, the course will be cancelled, and no refund will be given.
- Once the course has commenced and the pupil does not complete the course, then the remaining hours are valid for a period of 4 months from the date of deposit.
- Any refunds that are given must be re-paid through the pupil’s designated bank account. No exemptions
- The deposit cannot be used to offset lessons.
- Course/lessons are not transferable.
- All refunds are subject to the administration fee.
- If a cancellation refund has been requested and agreed with us, the pupil has 14 days to provide us with their Bank details. If this information not received in this time frame, then monies will be forfeited. If an offer of a refund is made, then the pupil has 7 days to accept otherwise this will be withdrawn.
- Once a cancellation for a course has been received, no reinstatement will be accepted.
- Courses cannot be transferred to another instructor. This is non-negotiable.
The course will be terminated immediately, and all fees paid forfeited for the following reasons:
- The Pupil is unable, on the first lesson, to produce a valid QLD Learner Licence.
- If the instructor or representative of Driving School Brisbane believes or suspects that the pupil is under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time during the course.
- If the instructor or representative of Driving School Brisbane believes or suspects that the pupil is not in a fit state to drive.
- Any abusive behavior towards the instructor, member of the public or other road user.
- Failure to pay the outstanding balance on the 1st lesson of the course.
- The Pupil cancels the 1st Lesson at short notice (less than 48 hours) or fails to show for the 1st Lesson.
7. General Conditions
- All our instructors have been approved by the TMR. They are all Self Employed and work for themselves.
- The car provided by the instructor will be fitted with Dual Controls and will be comprehensively insured with a reputable insurer. A pupil can request to see insurance documentation from their instructor. Driving School Brisbane cannot be held responsible for any insurance-related claims. Any disputes are the responsibility of the instructor.
- Pupils are solely responsible to make themselves available for this Driving course.
- In the event of a vehicle breakdown on the lesson, a lesson credit will be given for the time lost.
- Once the course has been booked, we are unable to arrange a change of instructor.
- Driving lesson prices may be subject to change without notice and are at the discretion of the Driving School Brisbane.
- The pupil agrees that Driving School Brisbane has no liability to the pupil for any loss, injury or damage
- We cannot be held responsible for any traffic violation on the part of the pupil or the instructor.
- No smoking is permitted in the training vehicle.
- If you have any queries as a pupil contact us via email or mobile. We are unable to take enquiries from a third party due to the Information Privacy Act regarding the pupil’s Driving Course.
- If a pupil has been advised to self-isolate, or tests positive for Covid-19, and still attends a driving course, then the course will be terminated. No exceptions.
8. Legal Stipulations
- The construction, validity and performance of any contract shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Queensland.
- Driving School Brisbane is only paid on commission and acts only as a booking agent. The contract of the Driving Course is between the Pupil and the Instructor, who is a self-employed contractor for the company. Any disputes claim or discussions should therefore be taken up with the instructor and not with us. We cannot be held liable for any compensation claim from a pupil.
- Driving School Brisbane is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with The Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) (IP Act).
- We do not share financial information with 3rd parties
- Any personal information which we hold to process the booking will be held securely in accordance with the law and will not be sold or passed on to a third party.